Friday, April 27, 2012

A Peek at Last Week

Places We Went: This week we went to Publix, Church, the children's museum, the dentist, the park for our baby shower, the health food store and the hospital for T's Big Brother class.

Highlights: My favorite moments this week were T's class and our baby shower (blog to follow).

Least favorite moments: On Wednesday I found out that I have gestational diabetes and on Thursday I had to go to the dentist to get a tooth extracted.  Since I am pregnant I was not able to take anything for pain and was in quite a good deal of pain for the rest of that day.

Funny moment: T likes to pretend he is a robot and will walk around the house with his best robot voice saying "Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese."

Pregnancy Update: With the shower past, this is becoming even more real.  Having all of this baby stuff in the house again makes it SO real!  I cannot believe how fast the time has gone.  My doula and I were talking about our plan, and she mentioned that because my OB is insistent that they will induce me at 39 weeks, we are going to try natural methods of induction before that, probably around 38 weeks.  So our baby will be here in a month, which is just crazy.  I'm feeling pretty good.  I get dizzy at times which I believe is related to the diabetes.  Have been having some minor heartburn and lots of Braxton Hicks contractions.  Baby gets hiccups several times a day!  he actually has them right now:)

I am reading: The Bradley Method Student Workbook

I am praising God for: My cousin's adoption process being final.  They now are officially a family of 3!!

To do this week: Meet with nutritionist about diabetes on Tuesday and receive my blood test kit, pro-life meeting Tuesday night,

I am looking forward to: Saturday is a big day!  On Saturday afternoon I will be attending my sister-in-law's twins shower.  And that evening my brother and his wife are hosting a gender reveal party where they will find out the sex of their baby along with friends and family.  I am bummed that we cannot be there in person because of the distance, but am excited that they will record the big moment and text us the video so we can find out the big surprise and see everyone's reaction.  I am thinking pink and can't wait to find out if I am right!!

I am praying for: That these last weeks of pregnancy go smooth and that no more medical issues come up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment